Before you start selling
1. Make sure you comply with our conditions:
o Your products can be sold on jumia.com
o You have all the necessary information to create your account:
- Mail address and phone number
- Details of your company (address, legal name, etc.)
- Bank account details
- To be able to deliver orders to our hub within 48 hours our hubs are located in (Cairo, Giza, Alex, Tanta) Hubs List
- If you can’t deliver orders to our hub, you can use our Jumia Express service More info here
- All categories require Tax card & registration Except for (Fashion, Mobile accessories, Computer accessories) these 3 categories can use their Personal ID only.
- You will be required to sign our contract within 30 days of being live to avoid delisting your account
– The contract has to be a hard copy and delivered in the company
– All pages need to be signed
– If a commercial entity you’ll need both “signature and a stamp” while if individual only a signature is enough.
– The Tax card & registration have to be the latest ones
– The signee’s name has to be in the registration and has the right to sign.
– The account owner or the company representative’s full quadruple name has to be written clearly without a signature form.
– The full quadruple name has to be written at the end of every page of the contract without a signature form.
– The signature box is the only place where a signature form is allowed.
– Please make sure there are no signs of writing off or repairing written errors anywhere in the contract.
- Need more information? Attend our new vendor Free Training from Here
3. Discover the Seller Center:
When you are registered, all the management of your online store is done via the Seller Center. With this portal you have access to all the information you need to manage your sales, add products, update your product information, have an overview of actual sales, etc.It is a one-stop shop to facilitate the management of your sales account on Jumia.
Below are a just few of the things you can do from Seller Center.
- Keep track of your inventory and update your listings
- Keep track of orders that are in Jumia network
- Join the promotional campaigns
- Use customer metrics tools to monitor your seller performance
4. How to list products.
Your first step to make your products available for the customers is to list them on your Seller Center account. There are different methods to use depending on the type and the quantity of products you want to offer to the shoppers.
- One by one
- Sell yours feature
- Massive creation with bulk
- Jumia content team can help you list your products
To be put live, your products creation must comply with some guidelines to be accepted by our teams.
To make sure your products make it to the top and help you succeed your launch on Jumia, here are some tips to know what works best for the shoppers.
- Guidelines for successful products creation and therefore a successful launch! (Learn more about the Validation Process)
- The product detail page
Once approved by our teams, your products will be live on jumia.com. From there, you can receive an order at any time.
5. How to process an order
As soon as a customer orders one of your product, you have 48 hours to get your item shipped. Here are the steps to do it properly:
- Check daily your Seller Center account to see if you have a new order (a mail alert is also sent to you).
- Prepare your package for delivery, following our guidelines on how to properly pack your order.
6. How to deliver your order
Jumia offers you two main solutions to deliver your orders:
- Prepare and drop off your packages to our VDO stations.
This means that you take care of the storage of your products, you are responsible for packing the orders, you bring your orders to our VDO stations and we only take care of the delivery to the customers.
- Subscribe to Jumia Express service
Ship your products to Jumia so that we take in charge of their inventory and make them quickly available for sale. Then, with each order, Jumia packages and ships the product directly to the customer.