JUMIA’s goal is to build the best online shopping experience to gain customer’s trust; this is why we only sell genuine and original products. JUMIA is abiding by the legal rules related to the Customer Protection regulations. Therefore, JUMIA will share the repeated cases of the selling counterfeit products to the responsible organization; CPA “Customer Protection Agency“.
And because we care about the products purchased by our customers, we took some steps to guarantee that no fake products are sold, and we will be applying charges to sellers who display and deliver non genuine products at JUMIA.
Why is selling original products crucial?
- Because it affects your store image, and your store’s credibility for your customers, hence JUMIA’s credibility.
What are fake products?
- They are products which use the same brand logo as the original brand on their designs, or a high copy product even if it is sold at a cheaper price.
How to guarantee not displaying fake products?
- Do not sell products that look like well-known branded items.
- Do not sell high copy products and brand it using a semi-original name (Example: “Channel” instead of “Chanel” even with cheaper pricing).
- Do not use well-known brands logos on non-genuine products.(Example: "Gucci" brand on a copy product)
- Do not sell high copy products as original products, and let the customer discover that it is not original
What is the result of selling Fake products on JUMIA?
- A charge of EGP 4000 will be applied if we discovered you selling a fake item for the 1st time.
- If the “same case is repeated”, your account will be suspended until you send us a confirmation that you will not be selling non genuine products to firstname.lastname@example.org , and remove the fake products from the website.
- JUMIA will deal transparently with the responsible legal parties when it comes to selling fake products.