JUMIA’s goal is to build the best online shopping experience to gain customer’s trust; this is why we only sell genuine and original products. JUMIA is abiding by the legal rules related to the Customer Protection regulations. Therefore, JUMIA will share the repeated cases of the selling counterfeit products to the responsible organization; CPA “Customer Protection Agency“.
And because we care about the products purchased by our customers, we took some steps to guarantee that no fake products are sold, and we will be applying charges to sellers who display and deliver non genuine products at JUMIA.
Why is selling original products crucial?
- Because it affects your store image, and your store’s credibility for your customers, hence JUMIA’s credibility.
What are fake products?
- They are products which use the same brand logo as the original brand on their designs, or a high copy product even if it is sold at a cheaper price.
How to guarantee not displaying fake products?
- Do not sell products that look like well-known branded items.
- Do not sell high copy products and brand it using a semi-original name (Example: “Channel” instead of “Chanel” even with cheaper pricing).
- Do not use well-known brands logos on non-genuine products.(Example: "Gucci" brand on a copy product)
- Do not sell high copy products as original products, and let the customer discover that it is not original
What is the result of selling Fake products on JUMIA?
- First attempt: Fake items will be removed and you incur a penalty of 4000 EGP If you don’t provide the proof that these items are original within 10 days from the date you were informed of the fake items.
- Second attempt: Fake items will be removed and the vendor incurs a penalty of EGP 4,000.
- Third attempt: Fake items will be removed, vendor incurs an additional penalty of EGP 4,000 and vendor’s account will be suspended for two weeks.
- Fourth attempt: Vendor incurs another additional EGP 4,000 penalty and the account will be permanently removed from Jumia.